Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 9 - become an astronaut

Like most little boys I wanted to become an astronaut when I grew up...mainly so I could fly the Millennium Falcon with Chewie.

That dream still lingers somewhere in the back of my warped mind, so imagine my delight when I found that Virgin Galactic were inviting applications for Pilot-Astronauts!!!

Unfortunately it also appears I was a little late (6 days late to be fair) in sending the application off, but you can still register you interest for future Pilot-Astronaut positions up until 30th June.

I not sure, but I'm pretty certain I wont make the grade:
  • I'm not a US citizen!
  • I haven't graduated from a recognized test pilot school! Hell, I didn't even go to an unrecognized one!
  • I only have 2,999 hours flying experience (and thats as a passenger, and mainly whilst drunk!)
  • I have no operational experience of an aerospace aviation project or business!
  • I couldn't ably communicate my aviation knowledge and safety related information - because I don't have any!
  • I prefer golf to playing in a team!
  • I do, however, hold a degree...maybe they will make an exception, fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment