Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 17 - get one over MS

yes, you heard me, screw them!

Last week I tried to download Escalation (the latest map pack for Call of Duty) on my Xbox.

"Oh no you don't!" screamed my xbox..."you now live in France, but your account is in the UK!" - some sort of crazy region restriction was stopping me!

What a load of utter tosh! I was fuming! I paid for the UK subscription whilst in the UK, I bought the game in the UK, I had spent the points on the bloody thing, but it wasn't letting me have it!

Me and my mate then spent hours trawling the internet to find a solution, to no avail.

We tried everything! But that expansion pack wasn't going to download to my xbox unless I took a flight back to the UK (with xbox as hand luggage) found a wireless access point, logged on, downloaded it whilst there, then took a flight back home! b****x to that!!!!

This guy looked like he had the answer...

So I followed the advice and tried securitykiss but still had problems logging onto xbox live once I'd got the thing working (which wasn't as easy as the guy suggests).

However, I was pretty sure I could share a VPN connection because this guy sounded convincing (and didn't look like he was just trying to make some money).

So I found a mate of mine who lived in the UK (and who had a fixed IP address - not an easy find I agree!) and we set about trying to pull the wool over Big Brothers eyes!

after a few hours of fiddling with some settings 'Network Connection', I finally manged to download what I had paid for a week ago...and...it works!!!!

Hallelujah!!!


Take that MS!!!; or Treyarch!!!; or Activision!!!; or whoever else was stopping me from playing my game!!!

If you want anymore info feel free to email or comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment