Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 13 - build the kids a treehouse

Just after we had moved into the old house in Chester (UK)...the wife took the kids away on a short holiday while I stayed at home to work.

While they were away, I built them a treehouse to surprise them when they got home...and boy, were they surprised. I bought metre upon metre of pre-treated wood; hundreds of bolts and screws; a new drill; a huge 10 inch drill bit; and a bright blue plastic slide.

 

If I say so myself, it stood the test of time (it was another 5 years before we moved out and the kids played on it daily)...the only trouble is they now want another one building here, in the south of France!

This should give you an idea of how much hard work to expect:

I've got much bigger plans for my next one, this internet is a dangerous thing for giving people ideas!!!


or maybe I will knock this little number up over a long weekend

  














 

To the batcave, Batman!


No comments:

Post a Comment