Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 11 - hack your kinect

I dont care if I'm not supposed to, it looks like fantastic fun, really really cool, and maybe a little bit educational!!!

you can even join some sort of community: open-kinect!

Now I'm as sceptical as the most sceptical person on earth, but if you take these videos at face value (why would anyone bother to spoof the whole thing - now, that would be a waste of time!) then....WOW!!!

This guy is controlling google earth on a projector using his hands - can you imagine the look on your mates faces when you turned the projector on and zoomed in on their house by waving at the wall!!!



and this guy too...


Kinect Earth from Matt Fargo on Vimeo.

and then this guy has 'taught' his computer to recognise a variety of objects:



"I see a giraffe"
"I see a toy"
"I see a cow"

I would love to see the look on the guys face if the computer suddenly said...

"I see dead people"

...or...

"look out behind you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment