Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 6 - learn a card trick

Everyone, and I mean everyone, needs to know at least one decent card trick!

Full-stop! No arguments!

Many years ago I read a book, I think it was some sort of thriller but I can't remember the name...anyway, a part of the story in said unknown book was about a guy tricking another guy (probably in a bar) with the use a simple "heads-or-tails" trick.

From what I can remember - and I've been drunk a few thousand times since reading it - he had several different coloured coins in his pocket, 5 red and 7 yellow.

He would pull a coin from his pocket (unknown to the other guy) and if it was yellow he would call 'Heads' and if he was right the guy gave hime $1, if he was wrong the guy would receive $1.

If it was a red coin, he would call 'Tails' and if he was right the guy would owe him $1, otherwise he would give the guy $2!

For the life of me I could not work out why this trick always succeeded in making the guy more money than he gave away...but several nights at the bar of the local pub proved the 'trick' was a winner.

It's just a shame I have forgotten the exact details, because I would have made a pot full of cash by now!

Anyway, I digress, onto todays project...I have been practising the simple card trick as demonstrated in the video below, by CardTrickCentral. I used to know a few good card tricks and it's been great getting back into the swing of things.


The beauty of this trick is its simplicity, but can I work out how its done? No, not yet, but then I've not been to the bar yet!

As I said earlier, everyone, and I mean everyone must know at least one decent card trick!

Full-Stop! Get practising!

No comments:

Post a Comment